| Lovecarnival >Cupid Junction >Quote of the Day > Quotes Archive
Welcome to the quotes archive page. Here you will find quotes and sayings of the yesterdays. These quotes of the day were a part of our selected thoughts and today also have the same value as it had yesterday. So once more read through these inspirational and romantic quotations and start each day with a new hope and smile.
- Has someone offended you? Has someone insulted you? Remember, insults are like bad coins. You can't avoid getting them,
but you can always refuse to accept them.
- "Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end." Germaine De Stael
- "And think not you can guide the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy, shall guide your course." Kahlil Gibran
- "The human heart, at whatever age, opens to the heart that opens in return." Maria Edgeworth
- "Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense." Helen Rowland
- "Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love". Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
- "Look at time and distance as the essence of the understanding in realizing how price-less it is to have you". Ronald Johnston
- "Love won't be tampered with, love won't go away. Push it to one side and it creeps to the other." --Louise Erdrich
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay not attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."-- William Bennett
- " Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be." Samuel Johnson
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. — Elbert Hubbard
- "Love is just an abbreviation for everything we have ever wanted to say about that one person who truly means something to us, all wrapped up in a tiny four-letter box".
- A tiny bouquet of fresh-cut flowers can fill a room with sunshine. A little act of kindness can fill a heart with joy.
- Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.
- The act of saying appropriate words in a kindly way is one that never goes out of fashion, never ceases to please, and is within the reach of the humblest.
- "The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident." Sir Hugh Walpoe
"Woman was created from the rib of man: Not from his head to be thought of only, nor from his hand to be owned, nor from his foot to be beneath, but from under his arm to be protected, from his side to be equal, and from his heart to be loved..".
- Real education should educate us out of self into something far finer; into a selflessness which links us with all humanity. --Nancy Witcher Astor
- For last years's words belong to last year's language
Ans next years's words awaits another voice
And to make an end is to amke a beginning."-- TS Eliot
- Want to feel good? Do something for someone else today. Give yourself; Give a smile; Help someone in need; Give a friendly hello; Be kind to family members; Praise a child; Mentor a student; Be generous with compliments at work.
- Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty they merely move it from their faces into their hearts.
- Let me arise and open the gate,
to breathe the wild warm air of the heath,
And to let in Love, and to let out Hate,
And anger at living and scorn of Fate,
To let in Life, and to let out Death.
- "Love means giving something you don't have to someone who doesn't want it." --Jacques Lacan
- The smallest gift is enough if you have a big heart.
- Before telling others what to do, one must be an instructor to oneself.
- If you wait until the wind and weather are just right, you will never plant anything and never harvest anything.
- The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."
- A beautiful start to a perfect day is best expressed through the Thought of the Day. These thoughtful and inspirational sayings are like the fresh dews of flowers giving you a wonderful start for the day ahead.
- Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone, kindness in another's trouble and courage in your own.
- What you see is news, what you know is source, what you feel is opinion.
- People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.
- True thankfulness might be the finest of feelings, also the rarest.
- True hope dwells on the possible, even when life seems to be a plot written by someone who wants to see how much adversity we can overcome.