are the unique bonds that are tied on the wrist of one friend by another. These friendship bracelets
are generally handmade and are favorites of kids. Coming in different patterns and styles these friendship bracelets
are simple half-hitch knots. We will soon see simple ways to make attractive bracelets for your friend.
Because the friendship bracelets
come in so many different designs and styles both men and women wear it equally. The history of friendship bracelets
goes back to the Native Americans especially from the Central America. The bracelets were exchanged for the first time in the US around 1970s. According to traditions the recipient of the friendship bracelet
requires to wear the bracelet till it naturally wears off and slips off the hand. If it is removed before then the friendship is said to end. Another story behind the friendship bracelet
is the wearer of the bracelet is entitled to a wish fulfillment. And when the bracelet wears off and falls the wish will come true.
Now letís take a look at how to make this friendship bracelet.
How to Make Friendship Bracelets
Making a friendship bracelet
is very simple and can be done without much hard work. Simply follow the steps below and as the friendship day fast approaches make a fantastic friendship bracelet for your best friend
1. Select two colored embroidery threads for the bracelet and cut each thread into three 27-inch strands. So you have a total of six strands, three of each color.
2. Now hold the ends of all these strands together and make a tight knot to hold them in place.
3. Now divide the strands into two halves, three strands of threads of each color in each half.
4. Now pick all the three strands of one half and wrap them with the other half of strands of another color. This will give you a colorful loop.
5. Poke the strands through the loop and then pull tightly so that it forms a single knot.
6. Now repeat the similar process for the strands on the right and go on doing this till you have completed the whole bracelet.
7. Trim the edges and your friendship bracelet is ready to give to your friends.