A great writer, a renowned poet…Rabindranath Tagore is known as an evergreen legend and Asia’s first Nobel laureate by winning the 1913 Nobel Prize in Literature. His songs, playwrights and poems are read, sung and practiced today as well. This section is a tribute to this great legend as we select specific quotations and sayings by Rabindranath Tagore. Each saying and quote is selected making us give some thought to every word said. The message given out is clear and it’s definite to give a new look and dimension to your thoughts and ideas.
So read and make this your selection of Rabindranth Tagore sayings and quotations. These finest quotes are sometimes going to make you happy and sometimes sad. But they are sure to move and touch your inner soul.
- The significance which is in unity is an eternal wonder.
- The tendency in modern civilization is to make the world uniform... Let the mind be universal. The individual should not be sacrificed.
- Men are cruel, but Man is kind.
- The emancipation of our physical nature is in attaining health, of our social being in attaining goodness, and of our self in attaining love.
- Music fills the infinite between two souls. This has been muffled by the mist of our daily habits.
- The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.
- Objects of knowledge maintain an infinite distance from us who are the knowers. For knowledge is not union. Therefore the further world of freedom awaits us there where we reach truth, not through feeling it by senses or knowing it by reason, but through union of perfect sympathy.
- Do not say, "It is morning," and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a new-born child that has no name.
- Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
- Our creation is the modification of relationship.
- Our nature is obscured by work done by the compulsion of want or fear. The mother reveals herself in the service of her children, so our true freedom is not the freedom from action but freedom in action, which can only be attained in the work of love.
- Never be afraid of the moments - thus sings the voice of the ever-lasting.
- If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.
- I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument while the song I came to sing remains unsung.
- To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
- Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
- Facts are many, but the truth is one.
- Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.
The fish in the water is silent, the animals on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing. But man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.